If you are an entrepreneur or a techie looking for answers, I'm a cheap date!
- Mini bio
- Internet geek, entrepreneur, web data miner & semantic web hacker. Presentation delivery coach. General Partner at The Morpheus, a seed stage venture accelerator. Vice-President, Bitzer Mobile. Computer Sc. grad from Birla Institute, Ranchi
- Places of work in last 14 years
- Bangalore (2008-), Silicon Valley (1999-2008), Bangalore (1997-99), New Delhi (1996-97)
- khaitan at gmail dot com
- Corporations associated with in last 14 years
SezWho (acquired by Echo),
Tejit (acquired by SezWho),
Veritas (acquired by Symantec),
iLog (acquired by IBM),
Outride (acquired by Google),
VeriFone (acquired by HP),
- Bosses in last 14 years
Stuff on the web
- Apr 29, 2011 Moderated a Panel discussion on 'Mobile Apps and beyond' at Navteq Developer Day, Bangalore
- Apr 26, 2011 Moderated a Panel discussion on 'Mobile Apps Innovation' at Mobile Apps Conclave, Bangalore
- Nov 11, 2010 Moderated a Panel discussion on 'Exploring govt and quasi-government funding sources' at NASSCOM Product Conclave 2010
- Nov 11, 2010 Moderated a Panel discussion on 5 Things a seed/angel investor is looking for in your venture at NASSCOM Product Conclave 2010
- Sep 22, 2010 Speaker/Judge at Business Plan Competition at Welingkars Institute, Bangalore
- Aug 10, 2010 Guest Lecture at Business Planning workshop at Bengal Engineering College, Kolkata organized by National Entrepreneurship Network (NEN)
- Jul 18, 2010 'Ford Motor Company c.1902'. Guest Lecture on presenting a business plan at IIIT organized by National Entrepreneurship Network (NEN), Bangalore
- Jul 10, 2010 Talk on 'Why you should be a social entrepreneur now' at National Social Entrepreneurship Foundation (NSEF-India), Bangalore
- Jun 05, 2010 Talk on 'Building Winning Teams' at Jain International Trade Organization, Bangalore
- May 12, 2010 Guest Lecture on Entrepreneurship at Bangalore Management Academy, Bangalore
- Apr 27, 2010 Talk on '5 Things a seed stage investor is looking for in your venture' at University of Mysore organized by CII-NVI
- Apr 25, 2010 Guest Lecture on Entrepreneurship at Bangalore Management Academy, Bangalore
- Mar 13, 2010 Talk on Angel Funding at IIM, Bangalore organized by Startup Saturday
- Feb 23, 2010 Judging business plan competition - Campus Ventures at Welingkars Institute, Bangalore
- Jan 10, 2010 Keynote speech: 'Who is an entrepreneur?' at Garden City College, Bangalore at Disha 2010 event
- Dec 24, 2009 Breakfast Workshop on Early stage funding organized by Mentor square, Bangalore
- Nov 06, 2009 'Entrepreneurship: A Great Opportunity' Talk/Panel discussions at National Instruments Annual event, Chennai
- Nov 04, 2009 Lecture on Entrepreneurship at IIIT, Bangalore
- Sep 29, 2009 Lecture on Entrepreneurship at IFIT, Bangalore
- Sep 02, 2009 Lecture on 'How to present a business plan' at NEN Faculty Development Program, Bangalore
- Jun 20, 2009 Panel discussion / early stage companies startup show case at HeadStart 09, Mumbai
- May 13, 2009 Lecture on contents of a business plan at RV College, Bangalore
- faster88 was a kitchen-sink project to get the feel of social recruiting on facebook.
- SezWho was a cross-site content discovery engine for Social Media platforms. SezWho was acquired by Echo in Mar 2009
- Tejit was a discovery engine for Web data. Initial focus was on aggregating semantically equivalent data around people, movies and other nouns of interest. I founded this in 2007 and was later acquired by SezWho.
- twitterarc, was an ajax interface over twitter's public timeline. It was a project aimed at visualizing twitter's public data in different ways.
- Blog Mykrokozm
- This was precursor project to Tejit. It was a greasemonkey script which did reverse inline linkage of linkbacks to a particular permalink within the blog post. Later on it was extended to Internet Explorer using bookmarklets.
- Marketing campaign hierarchy
- In my stint as an marketer-cum-engineer at Symantec; architected the multi-level campaign hierarchy which mimiced how budgets were allocated in geos and departments. The idea was conceptualized by my then boss Atul Kumar.
- Personalized proposal for high-touch sales
- This was developed for Symantec inside sales organization to help them convert leads into opportunities.
- Convex: Matching of resumes with job description using NLP
- Convex was web-service for matching resumes to job descriptions using concept extraction. This was implemented using content classification using Ontology of human resources knowledge domain.
- WSDL Generator
- WSDL Generator automatically generated WSDL files from a given set of Java classes.
- Gaxl (Graphical Analysis of XML Logs)
- gaxl was a Java-Swing based GUI for analyzing xml logs formatted using Log4J and XMLFormatter. It had low memory footprint which supported streamed log files, local logs and push.
- RSS 1.0
- Made a draft proposal of the mod_company extension in RSS 1.0
- Merchant interface for online POS
- A web-based interface for merchants to analyze/view/adjust/auth/refund card transactions for customers.
- Command system for shell-less servers
- This was developed for Sumitomo bank to allow remote execution of commands through a windows interface over proprietary networking stack.
Slides / Presentations / Archives
- Who is an entrepreneur? originally on Jan 10, Disha 2010, Bangalore
- 5 things a seed stage investor is looking for in your venture, originally on Sep 09, IFIT, Bangalore
- Ford Motor Company - 1902 (a template for presenting a business plan), originally on May 09 at RV College, Bangalore
- 5 bare minimum things a web startup CTO MUST worry about, Mar 09, Barcamp Bangalore Slides
- 10 cents per CPU per Hour - Amazon's Elastic Computing Cloud. Barcamp Bangalore, July 2007
- Blogging, Wikis and the new Social Media. At Symantec, Cupertino, 2005
- XML: Past, present and future. At Alekhya Technologies, Fremont, 2003
- Building a web directory and a search engine using Open Directory, Java, XML & Lucene -- JavaOne, 2001
Conferences/Events I frequent
- MySQL Meetup, Silicon Valley
- Bayarea New Technology Meetup, Silicon Valley
- Java Users Group, Silicon Valley
- Proto.in, India
- HeadStart, India
- Startup Saturday, Bangalore
- PHP Meetup, Bangalore
- Java Meetup, Bangalore
- TiE, Silicon Valley
Think this looks so 1.0? Look under the hood!
Valid XHTML + RDFa
Updated: 13 Nov 2010
11 Jul 2011